Friday, June 15, 2012

Hello!


Since I leave Sunday, and tomorrow is my birthday, I figured there was no time like the present to begin my blog about my time in China. 


I'll be living in Beijing, China until the end of my study abroad semester in mid-August and I will be taking intensive Chinese language classes at Beijing University, the most prestigious in the entire nation. Thankfully, I was one of the few individuals in my program that was selected to stay with a host family. I will be meeting and moving in with them on Thursday, after orientation and placement tests take place from Monday to Wednesday. 
Not so thankfully, it's going to be the biggest heat wave of my life the first week I'm there. I had been secretly praying that I would be gradually brought into China's crazy heat and humidity, but it looks like it won't be that way. 


I'd post a picture of all my packed bags, but I haven't started packing yet. Whoops. 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better get on that packing! Shove all those birthday gifts in there nice and tight! haha

    ReplyDelete