Friday, June 22, 2012

Today, I got to meet my Host Mom! I am one of 17 students participating in full time homestay with a handful of others who are in a short 2 week homestay program. 
My Host Mom is this really sweet middle aged woman who lives with her mother and younger brother. She speaks fluent English, so that was really helpful to fill in the blanks where I had zero clue what was being said. 




My Host Mother and I. 


I think I mentioned (maybe) before that the graduation ceremonies for Peking University have been happening all week. Outside of the main dorm street, graduating students are selling their books and items that they don't want to take with them after graduation. 


Also, on my way back from meeting my Host Mom, I stumbled across what I've decided is where bikes go die. There are at least a thousand bikes just sitting there, and people have obviously forgotten about them. 




1 comment: